Additional Instructions and Tips for Kuspuk Pattern
Determining your size:
1. Measure your bust and waist.
2. Choose the size according to pattern recommendations.
3. Realize that the pattern includes “ease” in the bust, hip and arm length.
4. The “finished sleeve length” measurements are provided for you on the sleeve pattern piece. Please realize that finished measurements of the sleeve length should be about 4 inches longer than your measured sleeve length. Note that the sleeve length for this pattern is determined by measuring the distance from the center back neck to the wrist bone. Your body and arm movement require the 4 inches of ease..
5. If you plan to wear your Kuspuk over a sweater or heavier clothing, go up a size.
6. If you choose to make a ruffled version you will need to determine the length of the bodice. To do this, sit straight on a hard surface and measure the distance from your shoulder seam to the seat. This is the desired length of the finished bodice or top portion of the garment. Most people will need to shorten the front and back to this length. For the ruffle, you can cut the ruffle at any length. However, the fabric amounts reflect a 12″ ruffle. A 10″ ruffle is my new favorite. I might have photographs of this on Jodie’s Sewing Studio Facebook page. This length looks great with leggings!
7. Please, please, please contact me if you have any questions regarding how to size your pattern. I’m happy to respond to your questions.